| The 30 foot Ashoka Pillar, erected in the centre of the circular road junction where the President's Drive meetsTrishul Marg in front of the Sudan Block, was completed on 02 Feb 1958.
The structure is an adaptation of the Lion Capitol of Ashoka at Sarnath. The Ashoka Pillar junction becomes a beehive of activity at the sound of the siren.
Cadets ebb and flow in assorted rigs across the junction in all directions in a mad race against time.
The Ashoka Pillar befittingly stands at the cross-roads of Trishul Marg and the President's Drive as a symbol for steadfastness in the choice of the 'Harder Right rather than the Easier Wrong'.
Full View of Ashoka Pillar